Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Old Man: Thrift Store Shopping

I was originally going to include a picture of all the things I've found at thrift stores over the last 6-7 months, but I figured it would be way more work than I feel like doing now. I think it's sufficient to say that I have gotten a crap-load of stuff from three different thrift stores around my area (jackets, ties, pants, shorts, and lots and lots of shirts). One thing I've never found is a good pair of shoes. I am very jealous when I see guys find great shoes at a thrift store.

This is my latest and greatest thrift-store find. A pair of BB green seersucker shorts:



Check out Giuseppe's blog "An Affordable Wardrobe" for some great discussions of thrift shopping. He usually manages to find some great stuff up there.

Also, take a look at Patrick's blog for more crazy finds. Patrick Sullivan. Also check out his old blog "Coiled Pleasures," which thankfully still has its archive up, to see even more great finds.

This thread over at The Curriculum has tons of great finds.

Head to your local thrift store and see what they have. You never know what you'll find.

Conor
Post a Comment