Friday, March 13, 2009

Philisophical Friday

To keep myself from rapidly losing interest in this blog and blogging in general, every Friday I'll be writing a post that analyzes some aspect of blogging that I find funny or odd.
This is also to compete with Sartre's "Music Monday" and tintin's "Friday Belts." Hey, a guy's gotta keep up with the times.

Today I checked my Stat Counter profile to see how the blog was doing view-wise. I was astonished to see that yesterday, the page views was about twice what it normally is. I figured that this fact was due to the title of my second post yesterday: "I Need Your Help." I'm figuring that many people saw this on HTJ's blog (which shows the latest post of the blogs in his blogroll), or maybe in their RSS feeds (I have no idea how these work so I'm sure I'm wrong) and clicked it to see what I needed help with, then said "to hell with that sh*t" when they saw I was only asking about boots. This makes me want to abandon the YM/OM concept completly and just put outrageous titles on every post that will make people click to see what the hell I am saying. Of course I'm not going to do this because I have no idea what I would write about without the background concept.

Maybe my titles are good but I'm not good enough at blogging (which is not necessarily a bad thing, a post for next Friday) to keep people reading. I guess that's OK with me, since I don't really know exactly why I started blogging in the first place.

Conor
Post a Comment