Friday, April 10, 2009

Philosophical Friday

This post's alternate title is: "Why Blogging is Bad For Me"

Why is blogging bad for me? Because I'm an English major. And a majority of my time is spent writing essays and posts. In other words, I do a lot of formal writing. This requires drafts, re-drafts, and a ton of proofreading. Blogging requires none of these. And when I blog I do none of them. So sometimes I look at past posts and be appalled by how bad they are, both grammatically and aesthetically. I started blogging at the beginning of this semester, before I had to write a lot for school. And so now I've got a lot of formal writing and it seems like I've forgotten how to proofread or read my own writing critically.

So as I've seen it, I have two options.

One: stop blogging. It will happen sooner or later. I'd rather keep it going until it runs out naturally.

Two: start proofreading my blog posts. Not going to ever happen (self-effacing humor is great).

So I guess it doesn't matter. I'll just have to work on proofreading for my formal writing.

Conor
Post a Comment