Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catch-up Post

Sorry it's been so long again. School + work + football game + family coming up = little time to take pictures of myself and even less to blog. I've been keeping up with my other blog The Strayaway Child, mostly because it is so easy to just dump all kinds of stuff there. So check it out. It's pretty eclectic, so there should be something for everyone. Check it out.

Anyways, here is what I've been doing.



This is from Friday, my last observation. I had to work an eleven hour shift that night, so I didn't have much time to throw it up.

Another reason I didn't have much time was because this showed up at my house on Friday:



Alan Flusser's book Dressing the Man. It was a very generous gift from ADG, who, in addition to sending it along to me, even had it customized by the man himself:



Amazing. He claims he doesn't want anything in return, but I'mma keep trying to convince him to take at least a pocket square or something.


Friday also saw the arrivals of my in-laws from South Florida. They came up for Thanksgiving, and generously bought the wife and me tickets to the Clemson-Virginia game (where we clinched a spot at the ACC title game, though in rather poor style). They brought up a couple things from my parents: some gourmet dark chocolates (my weakness), my new driver's license (but with my 16 year old mug still on it), and an interestingly shoebox shaped compartment, wrapped in the Palm Beach Post front Sports page from the day after we beat UM in Miami (my dad - a Clemson alum - was able to go and rub in his brother's - a UM alum - face). I figured I knew what it was, and my wife confirmed it was my birthday present (not for another two weeks). I knew what was in it though and couldn't wait so I asked my parents the next day if I could open it now. They reluctantly agreed and these were waiting for me:



Navy suede Clark's desert boots. Wore 'em all Saturday night bumming around the house after the game, but couldn't wear them Sunday as it was raining and I hadn't proofed 'em yet. I got to wear them all day today and they are like slippers, only more comfy. Here's a picture of what I wore today.



And a close-up of the shoes:



This is a picture I took sometime last week. This outfit is all sortsa wrong, a workwear/trad/continental/cowboy bastard that I can't help but love. I fully expect the rest of you to hate it though and I'm damn fine with that.



Anyways, that's whats been going on. School is a bitch and the tumblr blog is much easier so go ahead and bookmark that because that's where I'll be mostly in these busy next few weeks. But I'll check up here at least once a week.

Conor
Post a Comment