Monday, November 30, 2009

Young Man: My Jeans

This post isn't meant to be a justification for jeans to anyone. I know some people hate them, and a few words from me won't change your mind. If you do hate them, check back in a few days when there is a new post up. If you don't, hopefully these pictures will be of interest to you.

This is my first pair of selvedge denim, some RRL slim bootcut (practically unnoticeable). These are 10 months or so old. I just washed them yesterday, after about a month. I don't remember how many times they've been washed (somewhere around 5 or 6 maybe), but I do know I can't do the 1 yr. + without washing. Not because of the smell (hung up after a few days takes care of that), but they stretch out after a while, and I actually wear these pretty hard and they get dirty easy. Anyways, here are some pictures, no flash, but some color adjustment on the up-close pictures.



RRL leather patch. Pretty worn down.



The hole my knife has worn away (wear it everyday).



Here you can see one of the hidden back pocket rivets about to bust through.



Combs. I didn't want to mess with the color here as I didn't want to overplay the fades. They are visible but not overly so.



Lap fades. Again, not super high-contrast, but still there.



I love this tag. Made in U.S.A.

Conor
Post a Comment