Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Young Man: Stressing

Like I said yesterday, I've been quite busy the past few weeks. I've been teaching first and third periods (Freshman English) for the past month and a half, and this week I took over both second periods (A+B block schedule) so I am super busy. I used to be able to get my grading/planning done during second and fourth, but now I'm down to just my planning period and home time, which obviously cuts into my available blogging time.

Also, I've been trying to prepare for tomorrow night. It's a large Education career fair held at the University. Quite nervous. I will be wearing my BB blazer, a BB oxford, and a tie with some kind of green in it.

Here's whats been taking up my time. (warning, slightly blurry picture ahead. If this offends you deeply skip to the next picture.)



Yay, grading! These are their personal epics, their writing assignments for the unit on the Odyssey we just finished.

Grading in a JPress tweed, BB oxford, JZ Richards tie, RRL chinos, and topsiders (because I was feeling lazy this morning). Also visible is the incredibly exasperated expression that comes from reading every student respond that they liked the movie version better (they say because they can understand it better, I know it's because they don't want to try with the poem).

I saw this and thought it would make a cool picture. (warning, quite clear picture ahead. If this offends you, skip back up to the blurry one.)



Green Sharpie (for grading), plum Hill-Side bandanna (for wiping sweat), and black Moleskine notebook (for jotting down terrible poetry).

I'll have a post sometime (hopefully later tonight but if not then probably Thursday) about my favorites from the LL Bean Sig. line. Another wish list I guess.
Post a Comment