Saturday, September 11, 2010

Old Man: Selling

This afternoon I had the distinct pleasure of selling (or trying to sell) handmade bowties from The Cordial Churchman at the Indie Craft Parade in Greenville, South Carolina. Ellie and Andy Stager (the masterminds behind TCC) are really great people and my wife and I were finally able to meet them. We had a great time. My wife and I manned the booth for a few hours while the Stagers were out and about. And even though I didn't sell anything, they were gracious enough to give me a free bowtie. I picked the Calvin wool in a batwing shape (my favorite bow shape). Here are some pictures of the event.



Manning the booth in a Brooks shirt and blazer, Levi's white jeans (breaking the rules, I know), AE loafers, and the aforementioned TCC bow.



Andy and I both showed up in Brooks blazers.



We also met up with Cardinals5, a regular poster on AAAT and The Curriculum.

And here is a close-up of the new bow:




A great time was had by all. Check out The Cordial Churchman if you're on the lookout for a handmade bowtie, necktie, or patch scarf.

Conor
Post a Comment