Saturday, August 27, 2011

Young Man: Native Sunglasses


Since I've gotten back into exercising outside, I've been wanting a new pair of sunglasses that I could wear while working out, to work (and later to the firehouse). My only pair of sunglasses that I had was some Rayban wayfarers. They are super awesome, but really not great for anything other than casual wear. I wore them golfing once and when I started sweating it was game over.

Peppino's happens to be right next to Palmetto Shades, whose owner is really awesome and knowledgeable. He helped me find out about Native Eyewear. Pretty cool stuff. It's a great company: they have a one-year unconditional guarantee on every part of their glasses: even if the lenses are scratched, you can send them back and get brand new ones. They also have some pretty cool lenses. If you get some with interchangeable lenses, they come with two sets. Mine have some grey polarized lenses and some light brown low-light lenses. You also don't have to pay extra to get polarized lenses (this was the deal-breaker for me as I was also looking at Oakley Half-Jackets).



I also think they look pretty cool. I have a thing for tortoise shell glasses. Attached you can see a prototype of an upcoming Young Man Old Man/The Cordial Churchman collab. I'll put the details up when the details get worked out. Stay tuned.

Conor
Post a Comment