Monday, December 19, 2011

Young Man: New Music

My brother and sister in law got me an iTunes gift card for my birthday. This is the kind of thing I love. I've been using Spotify for a while, but there are some albums that aren't on there that I really want, so iTunes gift cards are great.

With my gift card I got:

Gillian Welch: The Harrow and the Harvest - really nice album. I haven't given it a really detailed listen (with lyrics and all), but it's a great listen, like all of her albums I've heard.

Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh: Fáinne an Lae (Daybreak) Muireann is a great singer and fluter/whistler. A nice iTrad album.

and the best one, Mick O'Brien & Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh: Deadly Buzz - Caoimhin and Mick are two of the best Irish trad musicians around. Caoimhin plays mostly fiddle and fiddle-like instruments, and Mick mostly uilleann pipes. But Mick also plays flute on a track, and Caoimhin plays whistle as well, with a couple of really great whistle duets. This is one of the best trad albums I've heard. 


Enjoy the music, always.


Conor
Post a Comment