Saturday, December 1, 2012

An Old Man's Wish List

Yeah, I guess I'm doing another one of these this year. I'll go ahead and warn you that there aren't many (any, actually) clothes in this list. I'm sure I could find a bow-tie, pocket square, or full bespoke suit that I'd like to get, but this is the stuff that I would like to get this year.

I will also send the disclaimer that I already have, or will be getting some of this for Christmas or my birthday (next Friday).


Remnant KIN Bracelet - ya'll have already heard my thoughts on this awesome project. Seriously - how do you not have this yet? This is one of those that I already have. Early Christmas presents for the wife and me.



Waskerd Wooden rings - I've written on these before, too. If I had the coin to drop on one I'd do it in a heartbeat.




A JRR Tolkien print - the first few lines from "A Elbereth! Gilthoniel!" I love Lord of the Rings and all Tolkien stuff. I also like prints and fancy writing.




Pull-up leather iPhone case/wallet. This is what my wife bought me for my birthday. I don't have this one yet, though. I've been rethinking my EDC philosophy, and I think this will allow me to carry more stuff (and more useful stuff), but more on that later. I really like pull-up leather - my Chippewa boots are pull-up, and they look awesome.


Natural leather Moleskine (or Field Notes) cover. This is a perfect storm of stuff for me - Moleskine, check; natural leather, check; almost completely unnecessary, check. Man I want one.


Yes, I am obsessed with notebooks generally, and Moleskine notebooks specifically. I've yet to get a red one, and reading Joe Thorn's advice on setting up a Moleskine made me want to get another one.



ESV Journaling Bible. This is another trifecta of interests for me. The Bible, writing notes, and looking like a Moleskine. I've also been wanting to check out single column settings for the Bible (thanks a lot Alan - great blog, by the way).


So there you have it. This is the type of stuff that's been floating around my head lately. Send me an email if you want to buy me a birthday present. No, don't do that.

Oh, OK, you can, if you want to.

Conor
Post a Comment