Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Used Bookstore

I love McClure's bookstore, Clemson's used book shop. It is only a few minutes from our house, and I always find something awesome to bring home.

Even better, they have a great kid's section. My daughter and I go there all the time (on our dates). She gets a book or two, and daddy gets a book or two. I've been blessed with a daughter who loves to read. How could it get any better?

The last trip was last week. I think we'll probably go this Friday, too (I have that day off!). Here was the haul from last week.


This week, who knows? They had some volumes of the Great Books series, but I don't want to piece it out. I daresay I could find something in the poetry section (Eliot, perhaps?), or some new Tolkien? But what I'd really like is Lewis's space trilogy (they only have the second) and Shelby Foote's The Civil War: A Narrative.

I'll let you know what we come away with.

Conor
Post a Comment