Sunday, July 28, 2013

Old Man: Sunday Style

Sorry I've been away for a bit. Last Sunday I was ripping cars apart in an Auto Extrication class for the FD, which isn't best done while wearing a tie. My family and I also have a lot going on right now: school's a month out, we're buying a house (and everything that comes with that), we were in Tennessee for half a week visiting friends (the state is nicer than the college), and lots of other things of a similar nature.

But I'm back for today, at least.


I need to get these pants hemmed, and taken in a bit. They always have a bit too much break for me.




This is a shirt I thrifted a few weeks back - some Enro sub-company. It's white and pinpoint, and fits very well. The tie is a new silk knit from The Tie Bar. I mistakenly ordered the "skinny" versions, which are quite skinny (2"), but they're not bad. The only other knit I had was a 50/50 silk/wool split, so these feel super slick (I guess "silky" isn't a bad descriptor), but I think I'll get used to it. I got another one, with one white and one gold horizontal bar (my school's colors). I've got a few other new (old) things coming for next school year, including a Brooks u-stripe shirt.

I also cleaned out my closet, in view of the impending move, and ended up with four garbage bags full of stuff. Off to the thrift store they go. Return from whence (most of) you came. While the (hopeful) new house has much more general space than our apartment, the closet is actually smaller than this one. Minimalism is a good thing, says I.

I'll try and post often, but if I don't, forgive me in view of the house thing.

One more thing I will say, and that I'm very excited about, is I was chosen to be a member of a team to help Derek Webb launch his new album I Was Wrong, I'm Sorry & I Love You. I'll be posting a bit here with preview videos and my thoughts on the album. It's very good. Presale starts August 3rd, comes out full September 3rd.

Conor

Post a Comment